Terms and Conditions | MyBSWHealth
This Web site, BaylorHealth.com, is solely owned by Baylor Scott & White Health and maintained by Baylor Scott & White Health.
USE OF INFORMATION
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
You may view and download material on the Web site solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any copies of the material you use from this Web site. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or services obtained from the Services.
Certain activities are prohibited on this Web site, with the Services, and on the network and servers supporting this Web site (the "Network"). Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, using the Services, Network, or Web site in such a manner as to damage, destruct, impair in any way, disable, overburden, or introduce computer viruses to the Web site, attempting to access restricted areas of the Web site through any means, using slanderous or profane language in any areas involving communications of the Web site, or interfering with the use of this Web site by another party.
We reserve the right to terminate or deny access to you if you engage in any prohibited activity.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NO PRACTICE OF MEDICINE
This Web site is not engaged in the practice of medicine. Any information and advice on the Web site is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient's condition. Use of this Web site is helpful in making you informed about health care issues, and use of this site does not create a care provider-patient relationship. On-line health services and health information cannot replace a health professional-patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of any specific health problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from your health professional based on your interpretation of what you may read on this Web site.
Physicians provide clinical services as members of the medical staff at one of Baylor Scott & White Health’s subsidiary, community or affiliated medical centers and do not provide clinical services as employees or agents of those medical centers, Baylor Scott & White Health, Scott & White Healthcare or Baylor Scott & White Health.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Baylor Scott & White Websites may provide links to official federal, state or local government websites, quasi-government agency and government sponsored websites and websites created by public/sector/private sector partnerships when those sites contain information helpful to our users.
Before providing a link to an external website, the external website must meet the following criteria:
- The site clearly relates to and complements existing information, products and services on the Baylor Websites.
- The site contains relevant, useful and authoritative content and features that will benefit our users.
- The site clearly states and reflects its purpose and provides overall quality and authoritative value to our users.
- The site contains accurate and timely information that is regularly updated.
- The site is accessible and applicable to a wide audience.
- The site's approach to protecting the privacy and security of personal information is consistent with the Baylor Scott & White Health Websites' privacy and security policies.
- The site is non-profit and provides information at no cost. . This includes government, university, and non-profit organization websites. Baylor Scott & White Health does not link to sites whose primary purpose is to sell products or services.
- The site's content has excellent overall quality.
- The site is organized, "user-friendly" and easy to navigate.
- If the site contains links to other sites, the linked sites are functional and appropriate.
- The site is a credible source for information. The site must be free of typos and errors so that it does not detract from the credibility of the site.
- The site does not exhibit hate, bias or discrimination or contain information or hyperlinks associated with partisan political activity. The site does not contain offending sexual content.
- The site does not contain misleading or unsubstantiated claims or conflict with the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health.
- The site does not require additional software or hardware.
- The site loads in a reasonable amount of time and is consistently available.
Baylor Scott & White Health and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the information and related graphics published as part of the Services for any purpose. All Such information and related graphics are provided "As Is" without warranty of any kind. Baylor Scott & White Health and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Baylor Scott & White Health and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the Services.
We offer registration the site for a single sign on experience. In order to register you may be requested to complete certain information, such as name, and e-mail address.
We may use your registration information to send you an e-mail confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any registrations placed. We may also, from time to time, send e-mails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you.
Upon registering any of your information, please keep all of your information confidential and in a secure place. You will be responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under your account.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, "Trademarks") displayed on this site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Baylor Scott & White Health and other Third Party content providers in the U.S. and/or other countries. No Trademark displayed on this site may be used without written permission of the owner of such Trademarks. Misuse of these Trademarks, or any other content on this site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Baylor Scott & White Health will enforce its intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, retransmit, or distribute in any way any of the information contained in this site without prior written consent of Baylor Scott & White Health. Unless otherwise noted, everything that you see or read on this site is copyrighted.
Unless otherwise noted, everything that you see or read on this site is copyrighted.
Copyright 2015, Baylor Scott & White Health,3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246. All rights reserved.
As a user of this mobile application, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us. Baylor Scott & White Health and our third party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered in this mobile application.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this mobile application. Please read all our policies and the relevant notices of privacy practices in full so you know how our mobile application works and how you will interact with the mobile application.
- Pay special attention to your risks as a user. Mobile Application users open themselves up to certain risks, such as data collection.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. It is our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special reasons, such as research, scientific studies, and statistics, in which case you may be interested in participating with consent.
- With exception of E-Visits, please be aware that use of this mobile application, its services, programs, and the health information on it cannot replace nor is it intended to serve as a health care provider-patient relationship. You must always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment for specific health problems.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We will not intentionally use any personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this mobile application.
- We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this mobile application.
- It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using this mobile application.
- It is our goal to make you aware when you leave our site for another, either by telling you in writing or by another technical mechanism.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
- No provider-patient relationship is created unless we specifically notify you that one is created.
- We will not accept or show you health information content, sponsored programs, or services that we know to contain false or misleading information or that we know promote ineffective or dangerous products.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information are kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet and that hackers or thieves do find ways to thwart security systems.
About the Information We Collect
We understand that the personal information and personal health information you provide during your visit to our mobile application is highly sensitive and you may have concerns about sharing such information with us. It is our goal to protect your privacy and we strive to develop practices and policies to safeguard your personal health information.
At different places on our mobile application, you may be asked to volunteer your name, e-mail, date of birth, address, insurance information and telephone number. We refer to this type of information as "personal information" because it can be used to identify or contact you.
Personal Health Information
When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to this information as "personal health information." We often collect information on mobile app use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the mobile app. We call this information "aggregate information" and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the mobile app. We intend to use the personal information, personal health information, and aggregate information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Some personal information and personal health information is needed to use this mobile application to provide customized reports and information to help you manage your health, and we ask that you provide it with the knowledge that it will be used to enhance your experience. This information is kept confidential. We do offer special data collection programs that you can "opt-in" to use, in some cases to receive e-mail on health topics or to participate in a new service.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
When you use provider and facility look-up services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use GPS to determine location and provide content based on your geographical location.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to BSWH when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Who Collects the Data
Baylor Scott & White Health, independently and through third party partners, collects information in different sections of this mobile application. Baylor Scott & White Health collects most of the data via registration and for specific contact emails. Baylor Scott & White Health is interested in your information for the purposes of operating the mobile application more efficiently, providing you with more efficient and reliable functionality, and for answering your questions and concerns.
Where Information Is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the mobile application. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the mobile application or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
In order to have access to many of the services and content available on our mobile application, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address. We may offer specialized registration for certain programs, and services that may request some or all of the above information.
We may use your registration information to send you an e-mail confirming your registration with our mobile application, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We may also, from time to time, send e-mails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send info to you. For example, if you opt in we may send information regarding your specific health condition.
Healthcare Professional Directory
Our health care professional directory may ask you for information on your geographic location or zip code in order to identify listed professionals in your area.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, mobile application development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the mobile application. When you use our mobile application, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
We do not intend to use or disclose any personal information or personal health information you provide on our mobile application to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this section.
You should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a related third party:
- As stated elsewhere, we may also share aggregate statistical information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business affiliates and sponsors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We require vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions. We require vendors to adhere to our confidentiality standards and do not permit a vendor to use our customer information for any other purpose. In many of these instances, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to this collection of information and can opt-out at any time.
- We may share registration data with business affiliates.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties
Linked and Affiliated Sites
Epic is the primary electronic health record used by Baylor Scott and White. A module within the Epic application is MyChart, which serves as an interface for patients to view their own records. Several tiles within the MyBSWHealth mobile app, including messages, test results, billing, medications, to-dos, and health summary lead to native Epic MyChart screens. In addition MyChart will be the E-Visit platform for many MyBSWHealth users.
Zipnosis is a virtual care platform. It is used within the MyBSWHealth mobile app as the E-Visit platform for many MyBSWHealth users. For more information see https://www.zipnosis.com.
Apple Maps is a mapping service application developed by Apple Inc. for its iOS and OS X operating systems, as well for the Apple Watch. It allows turn-by-turn navigation by car or walking including re-routing, and night mode. For more information see https://www.apple.com/ios/maps.
Google Maps is a Web-based service that provides detailed information about geographical regions and sites around the world. In addition to conventional road maps, Google Maps offers aerial and satellite views of many places. In some cities, Google Maps offers street views comprising photographs taken from vehicles. For more information see https://www.google.com/maps.
Change/Update Personal Information
You may change or update your personal information and/or personal health information at any time using the following options:
- Go to your profile page and change the information there.
Remove or Delete Personal Information
You may remove previously provided personal and/or personal health information at any time by contacting us in writing using the address in our Contact Us link.
Users should be aware that it is not always technically possible to remove or delete the information you provide to us. We back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss, and that means a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request we will try to remove or delete all personal information and/or personal health information stored in the active databases that we use for research and daily business activities. We will not intentionally disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Our mobile applications offers you the ability to opt in to receive push notifications on your phone to inform you about certain events like when you are billed for services or when a test result becomes available. You do not have to opt in to receive these push notifications to use the mobile application. If you do choose to opt in, push notifications may be visible on your mobile device screen even when the device is locked. It may be possible to prevent this by adjusting your device settings. If you choose to opt in to receive push notifications, you should carefully review your device settings to be sure it will display only what you want it to display.
Our Children's Policy
We strive to comply with the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) and are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Although not designed for children, our mobile application may feature information and services of interest to or for children 13 and under. We require parental or legal guardian consent to collect personally identifiable information on any child under the age of 13 in order to be in compliance with COPA, and will employ an age identification mechanism to prevent children under the age of 13 from entering personally identifiable information on the mobile application where personally identifiable information is collected. When consent is given and we collect personally identifiable information on children under 13, we will not disclose this information to any third party. We may, however, use the information to create aggregate data that may be shared with third parties, but there is no way a child can be identified.
To obtain more information on a child's use of this site, parents or guardians can contact us in writing or via email using the address in our Contact Us link.