MyChart Frequently Asked Questions
- Enrollment Questions
- What is MyChart?
- Is there a fee to use MyChart?
- How do I sign up?
- Who do I contact if I have further questions?
- Using MyChart
- Which providers may I make appointments with in MyChart?
- When can I see my test results in MyChart?
- Why are certain test results not shared electronically via MyChart?
- If some of my health information on MyChart is not correct, what should I do?
- If I send a message to my doctor, when can I expect a reply?
- Can I view a family member's health record in MyChart?
- Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyChart account?
- Can my spouse and I share one MyChart account?
- How can I share my health information with third-party applications?
- Updating or Resetting Information
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- Can you send me a new activation code?
- Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or password)?
- Technical Questions
- How is MyChart secure?
- I was logged out of MyChart, what happened?
- What do I need to use MyChart?
- My activation code does not work, what should I do?
What is MyChart?
MyChart offers patients personalized and secure online access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely manage and receive information about your health. With MyChart, you can:
- Request medical appointments.
- View your health summary from the MyChart electronic health record.
- View test results.
- Request prescription renewals.
- Communicate electronically and securely with your medical care team.
Is there a fee to use MyChart?
No, MyChart is a free service offered to our patients.Return to Top
How do I sign up?
Patients who wish to participate will be issued a MyChart activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to log in and create your own username and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your primary care clinic to get one or ask to sign up during your next office visit.Return to Top
Who do I contact if I have further questions?
Contact the MyChart technical help desk at 1-855-691-0180.Return to Top
Which providers may I make appointments with in MyChart?
You may use MyChart to schedule appointments only with providers who have previously treated you. Appointments with new provider may be made through referral, by calling your doctor’s office or by using our appointment request form.Return to Top
When can I see my test results in MyChart?
Your test results are released to your MyChart account after your physician has reviewed them, and the amount of time may vary.Return to Top
Why are certain test results not shared electronically via MyChart?
Your provider is able to determine which types of test results are able to be accessed through MyChart.Return to Top
Will my entire medical history be made available in MyChart?
MyChart is a direct link between you and the information in your electronic medical record, and all new entries from Scott & White will be included. It will not reflect your complete medical history, though some patients may see past records in order to ensure continuity of care and access to information about ongoing treatments.Return to Top
If some of my health information on MyChart is not correct, what should I do?
Your MyChart information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor's office. Ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next clinic visit. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic medical record each visit.Return to Top
If I send a message to my doctor or nurse, when can I expect a reply?
This will vary by provider and location, though we strive to respond to all inquiries in an efficient manner. Please note that MyChart should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your medical center if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 911 if it is an emergency.Return to Top
Can I view a family member's health record in MyChart?
In some situations, yes. This is called proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to connect to information regarding their family member their personal MyChart account. Complete a Proxy Consent Form and and mail it to the address printed on the form or return it to one of our medical facilities to request access to this convenient service.
- Request proxy access to your child's MyChart record
- Request proxy access to another adult's MyChart record
- Acceso al registro de MyChart de su hijo
- Formulario para adulto con poder legal
Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyChart account?
MyChart offers direct access to your personal health record, and communicating about another individual's information would be placed in your health record. This information would not appear in the correct health record and could potentially jeopardize medical care.Return to Top
Can my spouse and I share one MyChart account?
No; due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must establish their own MyChart account.Return to Top
How can I share my health information with third-party applications?
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) works hard to protect your health information. If you as a patient find a third party application (mobile app) that you would like to use to access and import your health information, MyBSWHealth provides the ability for you to do so. Allowing Access will let third party apps access your personal health information, such as allergies, immunizations, vitals, test results, medications, procedures, conditions.
Authenticating and setting up third party application access:
- Download external app
- If app has the ability to connect to MyBSWHealth, it alerts you to this feature along with what type of data it will retrieve (allergies, upcoming appts, vitals, etc), and allows you to approve or deny access
- Once access is Allowed, you are redirected to MyBSWHealth to enter your login credentials and password (this is a safety feature – you will never be asked to enter your MyBSWHealth credentials into external app)
- External app can now access your MyBSWHealth data
Revoking third party access:
You may review and revoke access to linked third party apps from within MyBSWHealth.com by clicking MyChart > Settings > Linked Apps and DevicesReturn to Top
I forgot my password. What should I do?
Click the "Forgot password?" link on the login page to reset your password online. Alternatively, you can contact us at 855-691-0180.Return to Top
Can you send me a new activation code?
Contact us at 855-691-0180. After we verify your information, a new code will be sent via U.S. Postal Mail or email if we have your valid email address on file.Return to Top
Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or password)?
Log into MyChart. From the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.Return to Top
How is MyChart secure?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal usernames, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, MyChart uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyChart.
To protect yourself, do not give out your username and password. MyChart will never send your actual health information via email; however, you will receive communication alerts via email to inform you when new results and other communications are sent to your MyChart.Return to Top
I was logged out of MyChart, what happened?
If your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more while you are logged into MyChart, you will be automatically logged out. We recommend that you log out of your MyChart session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.Return to Top
What do I need to use MyChart?
You need access to a computer connected to the Internet and an up-to-date web browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.Return to Top
My activation code does not work, what should I do?
For your security, your activation code expires after 30 days and is no longer valid after the first time you use it. If you still have problems, call us at 855-691-0180.Return to Top